Recognizing the need to reclaim our power to create community wealth, Mickki cofounded the Mile High Business Alliance in 2007. Currently serving as Executive Director, Mickki combines her passion for healthy communities with her experience as a small business owner. Her work with the business alliance focuses on organizing local business owners in working together to build a more locally focused and stable economy that doesn't sacrifice people and the planet for the sake of profit. In her spare time, Mickki likes to grow food, keep bees, play with babies and other generally wonderful things.
- Helped more than 1,100 small businesses receive energy efficiency consultations, with more than 650 efficiency projects completed in less than two years.
- Published more than 160,000 Local Flavor Guides for 16 Denver neighborhoods, featuring over 800 local businesses.
- Helped launch Grow Local Colorado, participating in Denver Seeds Taskforce, and organized Eat Local First campaigns to promote local food and local food producers.
- Connected hundreds of small businesses with technical assistance and business development assistance through various events and programs
- Built support from local leaders, including the Governor of Colorado, State Legislators, Mayors of Denver and City Council members.
- Westword’s Best of Denver Award, 2010
- "Does Your Community Have a Crowdfunding Platform Yet?" - GOOD, December 2013
- "Small Business Saturday seeks to jump out of Black Friday's shadow" - Denver Post, November 2012
- "Local services make great gifts" - Boulder Weekly, November 2012
- "Langston Seeks Authenticity, Meaning for her Community" - Washington Park Profile
- "Keep it in the hood: Buy Local" - North Denver Tribune, November 2012
- "Small Business Saturday & Buy Local Week" - Couture Colorado, November 2012