2014 Conference FAQ
- What are the conference dates?
- Where is the conference?
- Is there a map of the conference locations?
- Why Oakland?
- Who is the co-hosting network?
- What is the cost of the main conference?
- Are there day rates?
- Who qualifies for the BALLE Member rate?
- Are there group rates?
- The pre-conference events are additional costs, what does each pre-conference event cost?
- How do I register?
- I started my registration and didn't finish, can I save my registration?
- How do I cancel or modify my registration?
- How do I register if I am a main stage speaker?
- How do I register if I am an interactive session speaker?
- How do I register if I am a conference sponsor?
- How do I register if I am a volunteer?
- How do I register if I am press?
- I received a discount code, how do I apply it?
- Will there be any scholarship to attend the conference?
- How do I register if I am a scholarship recipient?
- What is the payment policy?
- What is the cancelation policy and how do I cancel my registration?
- Are attendee substitutions permitted?
- Can I bring a guest?
- Is there walk up registration?
- How do I check in at the conference?
- Where can I find information on Oakland?
- What is the weather like in Oakland in June?
- How should I make air travel reservations to Oakland? Are there special rates?
- How do I arrange ground transportation from the airport?
- Are there buses or trains to Oakland?
- Is there a ride share?
- If I drive to the conference each day, is there parking available?
- Is there a dorm room option this year? How do I make a reservation?
- How do I book a hotel room and what are the rates?
- Do you have suggestions for last minute hotel options?
- What is the conference agenda?
- When are the pre-conference events?
- What are the conference topics this year?
- Will there be any self-organized programming at the conference?
- Are there any times to network at the conference?
- What are the off-site parties planned for the conference?
- What meals are included in full conference registration?
- Where are some good places to eat near the conference venue?
- What if I have special dietary needs or allergies?
- What is the recommended attire for the conference?
- Are spouses or children invited to conference evening parties?
- Is childcare provided?
- Will there be internet access at the conference venues?
- Do I need to wear my badge during the conference?
- What do I do if I lose my badge?
- Are there any tips to keep in mind about attending a BALLE conference?
- How do I become a sponsor?
Location and Dates
There will be a map in the middle of your conference program as well as online here (link coming soon).
Visit our registration page, select the Speaker and Presenter ticket type and quantity and continue to register. If you were given a promotional code, input the promotional code that was sent to you in an email near the "Register" button. When this code is applied, you will see the main conference event discounted to rate offered to you. Please select the quantity and continue through the registration process to confirm your attendance. If you have not received your discount code, please email Mikel Davila.
Visit our registration page, navigate to and click the link labeled "Enter promotional code" near the green "Register" button. Enter the code that was sent to you and click "Apply." When this code is applied, you will see the General Registration ticket type discounted at 100% off. Please select the quantity and continue through the registration process to confirm your attendance. If you have not received your discount code, please email Mikel Davila.
Cancellation or refund before 11:59pm PT on May 12
- Full refund, minus 5% of the total order (processing fee)
Cancellation or refund between May 13 and 11:59pm PT on June 10
- 50% refund of the customer order
- No refunds after June 10
Onsite registration opens Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at the Scottish Rite Center - 1547 Lakeside drive, Oakland, CA 94612. Please bring your Eventbrite ticket with you to each event that you are attending. You must check in with this ticket to get your conference program, materials and name badge. Your name badge grants you access to all the conference events, so it is important to check in and get your conference materials as soon as you can.
Travel and Accommodations
Special discounts for BALLE Conference attendees have been arranged. Please visit our Travel and Accommodations page for a complete list.
Please visit our Travel and Accommodations page for complete information.
Yes, please visit our Travel and Accommodations page for complete information.
Agenda and Sessions
The full conference runs from the evening of Wednesday, June 11 through the evening of Friday, June 13. For a full conference agenda, please see the Agenda. Updates to the page are posted regularly.
We have two pre-conference tours this year, both occurring on Wednesday, June 11. The Main Conference kicks off that evening. It is possible to register for just one of our pre-conference events. Click here for more details on our tours.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PRE-CONFERENCE EVENTS ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH A FULL-CONFERENCE TICKET. YOU MUST REGISTER SEPARATELY FOR PRE-CONFERENCE EVENTS.
Please visit our Key Conversations page to view detailed description of our conference topics:
- Dinner will be provided at the opening night reception on Wednesday, June 11.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided on Thursday, June 12 and Friday, June 13.
- Dinner will be provided on the evening of Thursday, June 13.
- At the party on Friday, there will be numerous fantastic local food vendors from which you can purchase delectable dinners. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options will be available at all meals.
- Come prepared to learn, be inspired, network, and have fun.
- Soon we will have some tips and advice posted from BALLE conference alums to help you prepare for this event.
- But most importantly, drink lots of water, try to get some rest, and make sure you empty out your heart and your mind before you get here because we are going to fill them both to capacity.